Friday, February 10, 2012

This is kimberly.










I know you will probably be so tired of seeing these runway posts, but I need to keep up with my favorite designers new lines!  Hopefully, I won't post too many of them and make you sick of me..boo boo.  

Kimberly Ovitz is one of the first designers that made me actually think about what to wear .  When I saw her clothes for the first time, I thought, 'This is the type of woman I want to be--strong, independent, unique, and admirable.'  I really adore her design aesthetic.  It's always so dark (not at all in color or weight but in expression)...even her more feminine drapey pieces have a sort of darkness to them that's very captivating.

Her new stuff is equally soo.  And I know that there's that trend of tough stylish hacker goth (due to Girl with Dragon...still love the H&M line by Trish Summerville btw) but Kimberly Ovitz's new collection is not all all ripping that off.  Rather, I feel like she is one of the first who really embraced that look, and has really pushed the limits of that style so well.

All the layered pieces are superb.  The prints, fur, and leather layers mesh so well together.  The long dress is so striking.  Simple yet chic.  I really love the detail on the short dress and it's complex geometries on the dress itself.  The same goes with the leggings in the last picture.  I feel like I'm looking at ancient hieroglyphs when I really look at those legging pants.  So fantastic.

What do you guys think? ^_^

1 comment:

  1. GREAT POST, AMAZING INSPIRING BLOG! WOULD YOU LIKE TO FOLLOW EACH OTHER?
    XOXO,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED GIRL

    ReplyDelete